Seton Service and Leadership Scholarship Application
Sponsored by the Sisters of Charity, the Seton Service and Leadership Scholarship is awarded to prospective students with a high academic profile and proven outstanding community service and leadership skills. The award amount of $9,500 will cover Room and Board charges.
If awarded and accepted, this scholarship will be attributed to the financial aid package in lieu of any previously earned Alumnae/i and Friends Award.
The Seton Service and Leadership Scholarship requires an annual commitment for
continuation. Recipients must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 while at the
Mount and fulfill a commitment to a service project of their choice. Recipients of the award
will reside with a fellow Seton Service and Leadership scholar
for the first year and participate
in a reflective community.
- Students of all faiths are encouraged to apply and equally considered for the scholarship
- High School seniors offered admission to the College of Mount Saint Vincent as a resident
student for the Fall semester
- Composite SAT scores of 1100 (out of the 1600 Reading Math)
- Minimum GPA of 88
- Qualified applicants will be interviewed December 15 through March 1
- Apply for Admission to the College
- Fill out the online application below by February 1
- Provide contact info of Volunteer Service Supervisor to be contacted by Seton Service Program
- Schedule and complete an interview with the Seton Service Program by February 15
Note: It is acceptable to interview via skype if you live outside of the tri-state area or have another extenuating circumstance.
Annual Commitment and Continuation
- Maintain a minimum of 3.0 cumulative grade point average
- Continue to be a resident student
- Successfully and reliably fulfill your commitment to your service project
- Actively participate in the regularly scheduled reflection components of the program
Note: Successful candidates will be notified by April 15.