The Fonthill Writing Scholarship is awarded to prospective students with proven exemplary writing skills and who are eager to either further develop their writing skills or pursue professional fields that will draw heavily on their writing skills. The award amount of $9,500 will cover Room and Board charges.
If awarded and accepted, this scholarship will be attributed to the financial aid package in lieu of any previously earned Alumnae/i and Friends Award.
- High School seniors offered admission to the College of Mount Saint Vincent as a resident
student for the Fall semester
- Composite SAT scores of 1100 (out of the 1600 Reading Math)
- Minimum GPA of 88
- Apply for Admission to the College
- Fill out the online application below by February 1
- Send an 8-10 page/piece(s) writing portfolio to Lori Lombardo at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15.
A panel comprised of faculty, including the Director of Writing, will judge applicant portfolios.
Annual Commitment and Continuation
- Maintain a minimum of 3.0 cumulative grade point average
- Pursue a minor in writing
- Be an active participant in writing in a campus club or a student organization, such as Mount Media, The Mount Times, The Introspect, etc.
Note: Successful candidates will be notified, via mail, in late March.